Applications for 2024 scholarships are now open. The deadline to apply is March 31, 2024.
The Irrigation Association scholarship program was established to develop and administer an awards program to promote the study of and careers in the irrigation field. The program will provide meaningful financial support for the education of worthy scholarship candidates. The Irrigation Association scholarships (ranging from $1,000 to $3,000) will be awarded based on the student’s letter of intent, financial need, reference letters, resume and list of irrigation-related courses taken or enrolled in. Please note students can only be a scholarship recipient once.
Rain Bird Corporation will be the exclusive sponsor of the 2022-2026 workforce development scholarship program. To honor Rain Bird’s late president and CEO, for the next five years, the program has been renamed the Anthony W. “Tony” LaFetra Scholarship Program Sponsored by Rain Bird. In addition, the two top scholarship winners will be designated as Anthony W. “Tony” LaFetra scholars.
The scholarship program
- provides meaningful financial support for the education of worthy scholarship candidates.
- benefits the business community through better-educated people.
- exposes scholarship candidates to the ever-expanding irrigation industry.
- strengthens the Association through a direct link to education today.
2024 Scholarship program requirements
All candidates must
- be currently enrolled (undergraduate or graduate) at a U.S. technical or vocational school, community college, university or similar institution of higher learning with a graduation date of December 2024 or later.
- be a U.S. citizen.
- have taken or be currently enrolled in a class with irrigation-related curriculum.
- have a minimum of 2.5 cumulative GPA, based on a 4.0 scale.
- demonstrate financial need.
- not have been selected as a scholarship recipient in a prior year.
Applications for 2024 scholarships are now open and are due March 31, 2024. Scholarship recipients will be notified via email by May 31, 2024.