Our industry is committed to offering solutions to some of the most critical challenges facing society by providing tools to address global food security and promoting the value of every drop of water used in thriving, healthy communities. It’s up to us to make sure leaders in Washington recognize the value of our industry and the solutions we provide.
The IA’s fly-ins provide the opportunity for industry leaders to join IA staff to head to Capitol Hill to meet with key decision-makers to advance priorities. Past fly-ins have included impactful discussions with policymakers on topics including the farm bill, H-2B labor issues, drought impact and workforce development. For information about future events or how to become more involved in the IA’s advocacy program, contact Nathan Bowen.
Read more about the 2023 IA Fly-In in Irrigation Today.
This event will take place in Washington, D.C., and participants should plan to arrive on March 19. An optional IA-hosted happy hour event is scheduled in the evening on March 19. The fly-in will conclude at noon on March 21. There is no cost to attend this event; however, transportation and lodging expenses are the responsibility of the participant, including transportation to Washington, D.C., and two nights of hotel accommodations at the IA headquarter hotel (approx. $299 per night plus tax and service fees).
Registration is currently available online. Information about securing hotel accommodations will be provided following registration.
The fly-in offers members a unique opportunity to
- advance our industry on Capitol Hill and with federal agencies.
- advocate for the irrigation industry and share our message about the importance it plays in our economy and well-being.
- be a part of the solution to the challenges that those in our industry are facing.
- share your expertise and engage in important discussions with senior congressional staff and your elected representatives.
- be a leader and spokesperson for the irrigation industry.
- make new connections and have fun!