About Irrigation Association Advocacy
Water resources are increasingly becoming targets of legislation and regulation. The IA brings a strong voice to legislative and regulatory discussions that represents the positions of our members and stakeholder partners to a wide range of policymakers and those in a position to make decisions.
Our government affairs team works at federal, state, regional and local levels to
- educate elected legislators and agency officials about the economic and community benefits of efficient irrigation and long-term sustainability.
- respond quickly and forcefully to provide industry input that improves legislation and regulations under consideration.
- represent our members’ interests on a wide variety of public policy issues that affect the irrigation industry and that promote stewardship policy goals helping to define the best in water resource planning.
- develop partnerships with associations, public and private agencies, and other organizations to promote water-use efficiency, advocate sound policies and define best practices.
- provide regular updates on issues affecting the industry, IA advocacy activities and accomplishments.