Outside Sales Representative
Outside sales representatives work with growers and engineering/consulting firms within an assigned territory or market sector to troubleshoot technical problems, select products and place orders. Outside representatives call on current and prospective customers to develop relationships, identify leads, take orders, promote services, help solve problems and train on-farm technicians to install and maintain irrigation systems and components.
- Call on current and prospective customers in a geographic territory or market specialty to promote distributor’s products and services, introduce new products and technologies, and generate orders to meet or exceed monthly sales quotas.
- Assist customers with questions about products and applications, including providing technical troubleshooting on irrigation system design, installation and maintenance.
- Track and document sales leads, customer service issues and general account status.
- Work with inside sales representatives to generate project estimates and proposals, and resolve customer service issues.
- Monitor changing market conditions, business opportunities and competitors.
Education & Experience
- Two-year associate degree required; four-year bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Three to five years agriculture, irrigation and customer service experience required.
- Demonstrated success meeting sales goals and growing sales.
- Recommended certification(s): Certified Agricultural Irrigation Specialist (CAIS), Certified Irrigation Designer (CID).
$55,000 – $75,000*
10% – 15% commission*