POSITION AVAILABLE: Part-time Advertising Sales Representative
Why join us?
The Irrigation Association is seeking an experienced advertising sales representative to grow the account base for its two publications, Irrigation & Green Industry and Irrigation Today. The Irrigation Association team is a hardworking group that serves the irrigation industry by promoting efficient irrigation through advocacy and professional development. We support our member companies who feed the world and provide healthy spaces for kids to play.
As part of a compact team, you will work directly on selling digital and print ads and growing the account base for two publications. The advertising sales representative will report to the business development director.
The Irrigation Association has built a culture fueled by integrity, expertise, strong work ethic and a high level of commitment to the industry we serve. This has allowed us to become the recognized leader for the agriculture and landscape irrigation industry, promoting efficient irrigation technologies, products and services. We strive to create a work environment that is friendly, creative and supports a life-work balance.
In 2018 and again in 2019, the Irrigation Association was recognized as one of the Best Manufacturing Associations to Work for by the National Association of Manufacturers' Council of Manufacturing Organizations.
You will have the opportunity to help irrigation companies achieve success by
- selling print and digital ads for two publications.
- building and sustaining long lasting relationships with potential advertising clients.
- conducting research and contacting potential clients within assigned territory.
- cold calling new companies and contacting current members and exhibitors to acquire new business.
- setting up calls and virtual meetings to present advertising proposals.
- managing ongoing advertising accounts.
- attending virtual sales meetings.
What we’re looking for:
- Three to five years of sales experience, print and digital advertising experience is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to acquire new sales accounts.
- Strong customer service, organization skills and negotiation skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
Salary and benefits:
- Commission based
- Remote position to start due to COVID, but preference for a Charleston, SC or Northern Virginia location
- Modern, friendly headquarters in Fairfax, VA
- Flexible hours
Email resume and cover letter to:
No phone calls please.
Irrigation Association | 8280 Willow Oaks Corporate Drive, Suite 400 | Fairfax, VA 22031